[pmwiki-users] pmwiki and Fedora core 3

Frankie Delaware frankie_delaware at yahoo.com
Mon Jun 6 15:48:46 CDT 2005

Hagen,

Thanks, you found the problem!!!

FC3 introduced "SELinux" (Security Enhanced Linux) with new security features. These features are enabled by default.

I read the links you provided and decided the easiest thing to try was to disable the extra security by editing /etc/selinux/config file, changing from "enforcing" to "disabled."

 #SELINUX=enforcing
 SELINUX=disabled

Now Apache and pmwiki work OK.    I'm not worried about the security aspect because my setup is on an internal intranet.

Thanks again,

Frankie

"H. Fox" <haganfox at gmail.com> wrote:
You may need to adjust the Apache daemon's SELinux policy.

http://qdig.sourceforge.net/Support/FedoraSELinux

Hagan