[pmwiki-users] Google: sitemap_gen.py

Joachim Durchholz jo at durchholz.org
Mon Jun 6 15:31:40 CDT 2005

Monty wrote:
> How can pmwiki participate with Google in this endeavor?
> Or should pmwiki ignore this Google thing?

A PmWiki site should be able to participate like any other site.

Since PmWiki knows when a site is changed, it could do its own Sitemap
Generator script and automatically notify Google of every single change.
I think at least one of the sites I'm administering would try such a
script if it became available, which leads me to believe that yes, such
a script would be useful. (I'm not going to write it though. Too many
other projects, including some that are unrelated to PmWiki.)

Regards,
Jo