[pmwiki-users] Re: css background-image positioning

Hans design at flutesong.fsnet.co.uk
Fri Jul 29 11:27:31 CDT 2005

Friday, July 29, 2005, 4:58:26 PM, Stephan wrote:
> This would solve all background-images issues, if not even more cases.
> http://www.pmwiki.org/wiki/Test/Layers

But an image in the div is not a background image.
The difficulty (impossibility right now) is to specify a background
image in the divisions style declaration.

So I can happily write:

(:div id='float1' style='position:absolute; top:50px; left:200px;
width:300px; border:1px solid #999; background-color:#eeda6a;
color:#333333; padding:5px; ':)

and what comes into style=' ..... ' is very much the same one would
write as css code. But I cannot add to this
background-image:url('http://mysite.com/images/mybgimage.jpg')
I guess the reason is the brackets, but maybe there are other reasons
too why a css background-image definition cannot be used in the
markup's style declaration. If this could be sorted it would be great.
and it would  open the possibility to use background images not just
in divs but also tables and other block elements I guess (& hope).

So the challenge is how to get the url into it.
and if someone uploads a background-image via ?action=upload how to
get the url of the uploaded image into the
style='background-image:...' declaration.

I don't know how this could be done. And perhaps I see the problem
wrong (or the wrong problem:)

Best,
~Hans