[pmwiki-users] `WikiWord disables WikiWord ?

DaveG pmwiki at solidgone.com
Thu Jul 28 20:57:48 CDT 2005

Patrick R. Michaud wrote:

>On Fri, Jul 29, 2005 at 09:33:17AM +1200, John Rankin wrote:
>

>>>I hadn't looked at the definition of this particular rule until now, and
>>>I must say it's *very* nicely done.  I may adopt it for the distribution,
>>>or at least put it in the sample-config.php file.
>>>

>>Doing this will break a number of local customisations, which rely on
>>knowing whether or not to treal abbreviations as wikiwords.

Local customizations, or cookbook/recipies? Sounds reasonable to suspend
the proposed ` if a cookbook relies on it, but for a local
customization, perhaps the trade off is worth it? For myself, the
abbreviation issue is considerable, and not one easily dealt with using
WikiWordCount.

>Then it won't go into the distribution anytime soon.
>
>The other approach is to adjust the $WikiWordPattern to require at
>least two lowercase letters, but that has its own set of issues.
>At any rate, it won't happen anytime soon.

This is a reasonable interim solution. Could someone help me with an
addition to include wikiwords with numbers -- thus MR2 would be treated
as an acronym and ignored as a wikiword?