[pmwiki-users] Spelling in basic release?

John W Morris johnwmorris at peak.org
Thu Jul 28 13:03:46 CDT 2005

Given the stated focus of "what would the writer expect" rather than "what makes an admin happy" (not verbatim quote)...

Is there a reason that the spell checking function, which everyone using an edit window of most any kind on most any program has come to expect, is not included in the base software release?

To hard, too ugly, doesn't work well....???

I found the cookbook answer and will try that but still wonder... why not part of system?
http://www.pmwiki.org/wiki/Cookbook/SpellChecker

I have read the comments on the esoteric whichness and whyness of where and how on most every detail of Pmwiki, but... spellchecking is a right guaranteed in the "internet bill of rights", isn't it?  You can't focus on what the writer wants and expects if you aren't checking his or her lousy spelling.

(this document spell checked courtesy of my email program)

John Morris