[pmwiki-users] Problem getting Simuledit.php working under Windows

Julian Cone jules at planetnz.com
Tue Jul 26 19:09:35 CDT 2005

Hi there, we have just set up pmwiki on a windows box (php under IIS)
and I am trying to get the merging simultaneous edits functionality working.

I found this discussion about the problem.
http://pmichaud.com/pipermail/pmwiki-users/2005-March/011419.html

And tried the same approach that Phillipe did (downloading diff3.exe for
windows from unxutils and modifying simuledit.php to use it instead) but
that didn't seem to make any difference.

When saving a page that has been changed in the interim by another user
the TextArea box is still empty rather than showing the merged changes
to be saved.

So as an alternative solution I tried:
http://www.pmwiki.org/wiki/Cookbook/SimuleditWithoutPopen

But step 1 gave me issues here. The Attach:simuledit.php link takes me
to an upload page which I assume means that the file I want to download
doesn't currently exist.

Can someone please confirm that I am trying to download it in the
correct way?

Additionally if my first solution (using windows version of diff3)
should in fact work then please give me some tips on getting that going.

I think PHP correctly is configured to not use safe mode (safe_mode =
Off in php.ini).

Cheers, Julian