[pmwiki-users] improved markup for floating images...?

Patrick R. Michaud pmichaud at pobox.com
Tue Jul 26 12:43:00 CDT 2005

On Tue, Jul 26, 2005 at 10:08:42AM -0500, Chris Cox wrote:
> > Anyone else have any ideas for what we could use for this...?
>
> Personally, I'd make them verbose since css-like things are verbose
> anyhow.  Then use something like a wikistyle locally to make
> things "convenient"... just my two cents.
> With that said, there's nothing saying you can't have
> both (%imleft=<whatever>%).  Just like there are convenient color wikistyles
> built in.

Oh, the verbose versions are going to remain verbose (and
correspond to CSS), so we'll still have the ability to use things
like margin-left, margin-right, etc.  I'm just trying to decide
what we should call that "convenient" wikistyle by default.

In other words, I think PmWiki's default configuration should
provide a convenient shortcut name for floating images, the
same way it provides convenient shortcuts for colored text
and text alignment.  And, as with the other shortcuts, it could
still be overridden locally for someone who wants to change it.

I'm just having trouble coming up with a good name for the
convenient shortcut.  :-)  But I'll add "imleft" and "imright" to
my list of candidates.