[pmwiki-users] Re: Re: SearchExtensions

chr at home.se chr at home.se
Tue Jul 26 11:31:43 CDT 2005

On Tue, 26 Jul 2005, Patrick R. Michaud wrote:

> On Tue, Jul 26, 2005 at 05:28:00PM +0200, chr at home.se wrote:
> > On Mon, 25 Jul 2005, Patrick R. Michaud wrote:
> > > We could see about creating a cookbook/wiki.d/ directory for
> > > recipe-specific pages.
> >
> > I wonder... should it be cookbook/wiki.d/ or cookbook/wikilib.d/ ? Or in
> > other words, if you edit such a page, where should it be stored?
>
> All edited pages are stored in $WikiDir.  The name of the directory
> doesn't make a difference in this respect.
>
> Or, if you're simply saying that it should be wikilib.d/ for consistency
> in naming with PmWiki's wikilib.d/, that's fine with me.  I've
> noticed that skins have been using wiki.d/ to store the skin-specific
> pages so I was just following from that.
>
> I can see arguments either way and personally I don't have
> a strong preference about the name.  :-)

I don't have a strong preference either. What I was wondering is really
where these pages should be stored (by default). I assumed that the idea
would be include cookbook/wiki.d or wikilib.d in the path ($WikiLibDir?).

But if nothinig else is changed, when you modify a page it'll typically be
saved in ./wiki.d and not cookbook/wiki.d. This might be confusing for
administrators.

Another alternative could be to have these particular pages automatically
stored back into cookbook/wiki.d (i.e. automatically changing $WikiDir).

/Christian