[pmwiki-users] Numbered lists and multi-paragraph

Patrick R. Michaud pmichaud at pobox.com
Mon Jul 25 21:34:09 CDT 2005

On Mon, Jul 25, 2005 at 10:23:01PM -0400, DaveG wrote:
> >     # First item\\\
> >       Continues to a second paragraph.
> >     # Second item
> >     # Third item  [IMAGE]
> >     # Fourth item
> I think you meant \\ rather than \\\. In which case that does work --
> the paragraph numbering continues appropriately. I can use this solution
> for my immediate issue.

I assumed you wanted a blank line between "First Item" and
"Continues to a second paragraph."  If you didn't want the blank line,
then yes, \\ works.

> ---- Issue 1 Thoughts:
> Could we adapt the \\ to auto-indent when used in the context of a list.
>  This would ignore spaces added by the editor. We could an unindent tag
> to stop this if required (I suspect this would be the exception, not the
> rule).
>
> # Line 1\\
>      Continued
> # Line 2
>
> would be formatted in the way same as:
> # Line 1\\
> Continued
> #Line 2

Ummm, doesn't PmWiki already work this way, at least for the
example given here?  (I think it does, but could be wrong, or perhaps
I'm not understanding it.)