[pmwiki-users] SearchExtensions

John Rankin john.rankin at affinity.co.nz
Mon Jul 25 21:09:53 CDT 2005

On Tuesday, 26 July 2005 12:50 PM, Patrick R. Michaud <pmichaud at pobox.com> wrote:
[snip]
>Yes, I'm hoping that'll be the case also, but I also know that the
>changes I've been introducing have been causing some minor grief
>with some of the recipes here and there, so I'm *really* trying to
>avoid that.  :-)

[snip]
>I don't know.  Ultimately I think we're still exploring the
>best ways to play with some of our shiny new toys.  Options,
>suggestions, and opinions are still open.
>
>Pm

Some of us haven't reached the play stage yet. The shiny
new toys broke the tarnished but serviceable old toys --
first we have to put them back together, then we have to teach
them to play nicely with their new friends. Then we'll be
ready for some new games. By which time there will be even
more new toys and the cycle goes on.

For example, the ____ break page markup has grudgingly,
after some coaxing, decided to work again, but is truculently
unwilling to share the Site.EditForm and insists on its own
$PageEditFmt. It has to learn to let go so it can move on.
I'm sure we'll work it out and be better and wiser for it.

It's all really good stuff, I just sometimes wish there was
the occasional pause so I could catch my breath.

Cheers

--
JR