[pmwiki-users] `WikiWord disables WikiWord ?

Patrick R. Michaud pmichaud at pobox.com
Mon Jul 25 12:56:03 CDT 2005

On Mon, Jul 25, 2005 at 10:38:30AM -0700, Julian Kamil wrote:
> Patrick, is it possible to make the global application
> be more explicit, say by using ``WikiWord instead of
> `WikiWord.  I have many pages that contain a mixture
> of CamelCase words that are and are not linkable.

Well, note that using ` doesn't mean disable all wikiwords on
the page; it simply means disable the specific WikiWord
that follows the `.  So, it's still possible to have pages
with mixtures of CamelCase words that are/are not linkable;
it's just that once a specific CamelCase word has been
marked with ` it's not necessary to mark it again later
in the same page.  Other CamelCase words would still be
converted into links.

Or do you really have pages where the same CamelCase word
is used both as a non-link and a link?

Somehow, I think that the more common case is that if someone
uses `WikiWord then they won't want that word linked anywhere
else on the same page, and we should probably support the more
common case.  (But I'm obviously not convinced of that yet,
which is why I haven't implemented it that way. :-)

Pm