[pmwiki-users] Re: Re: Re: Re: Using AllRecentChanges as a shared page between fields

chr at home.se chr at home.se
Sun Jul 24 21:15:03 CDT 2005

On Sun, 24 Jul 2005, Patrick R. Michaud wrote:

> On Mon, Jul 25, 2005 at 12:10:31AM +0200, Joachim Durchholz wrote:
> > >2. Because cleanup processes sometimes come in and destroy the files
> > >in /tmp, which isn't always helpful to PmWiki.
> >
> > "not always helpful" would be an understatement, but the cleanup
> > processes don't delete files that haven't been touched in days. I'd
> > assume that PmWiki doesn't need its temporaries around for such a long
> > time - or does it?
>
> They aren't always "temporary"
[...]

maybe you could expand on that, or rather, clarify this description

$WorkDir This variable is a string that gives a local path to a directory
  where the pmwiki engine can create temporary files etc. PmWiki needs
  this for a variety of things, such as building merged edits, caching
  mailposts entries, keeping track of the last modification time of the
  site, other types of cache, etc.  Do not confuse this variable with
  $WikiDir; the reason that both $WorkDir and $WikiDir refer by default to
  the directory wiki.d/ is merely to simplify things for the
  administrator.

that I've added to http://www.pmwiki.org/wiki/PmWiki/OtherVariables

I guess maybe less emphasis should be given on

	... can create temporary files etc.

?

/Christian