[pmwiki-users] Allowing password extraction from URI

Patrick R. Michaud pmichaud at pobox.com
Sun Jul 24 14:40:46 CDT 2005

On Sun, Jul 24, 2005 at 06:19:54PM +0200, chr at home.se wrote:
> Since I haven't had time to fiddle with Emacs, I wonder if you could
> allow pmwiki.php to extract user:password from the URI. Meaning of
> course that from this URI
>  	http://user:password@www.pmwiki.org/wiki/Test/Password
> pmwiki.php automatically extracts and uses user:password for
> authentification.

Sure, but to be honest I have absolutely no clue how to obtain
the "user:password" information out of a url like the one above.
In my testing only Apache ever sees this information and it only
makes the username available (as REMOTE_USER) when Apache is handling
the authentication and the authentication was successful.