[pmwiki-users] Re: Standalone pmwiki??

chr at home.se chr at home.se
Sun Jul 24 05:50:54 CDT 2005

On Sat, 23 Jul 2005, monkeybrain wrote:

> i realized that my post  went under the wrong topic, so posting it
> again, sorry about that
>
> ------------------------
>

> Hello
> thnx for your answer, meanwhile i was looking at different servers
> and i have found this one
>
> http://www.uniformserver.com/
>
> no installtion required for this one, just put in your drive and put
> pmwiki into proper folder under the uniserver folder structure and start
> the server, and pmwiki works just fine, i copied from actual web space
> into local drive, and it is working so far
>
> maybe  this one and pmwiki can be offered in one package so that people
> do not need to spend hours trying to find how to do it? I am not a tech
> guys but i have enough knowledge to find way around, but not many people
> have similar skills.

Why don't you just write up a cookbook page with this solution? It sounds
simple to implement, and with some links from the cookbook page to
www.uniformserver.com, and perhaps some installation tips I think that
should be it, or? A suitable name could be

	http://www.pmwiki.org/wiki/Cookbook/StandalonePmWiki

> This solution is ok, i was just curios to find a solution that requires
> less cpu. I really like wxwikiserver and moinmoin as standalone ones for
> example.

regards
/Christian