[pmwiki-users] Next Step in Customized Form . . .

Patrick R. Michaud pmichaud at pobox.com
Fri Jul 22 12:50:55 CDT 2005

On Fri, Jul 22, 2005 at 08:07:54AM -0500, Benjamin Wilson wrote:
> Okay, I have a custom form that allows a user to add data (specifically
> metadata for an uploaded document) which works essentially like PITS.
>
> What I would like is a way to bypass the intermediate edit page and go
> straight to the finished page. In a nuthshell--how?

1.  If you want PmWiki to handle it exactly as if the user had pressed
    the "Save" button in an edit form, then set $action='edit',
    $_POST['post']=1, and $_POST['text'] to the resulting text,
    and leave it to HandleEdit() to take care of it.  This is what
    PITS does to handle updates (except PITS is currently not setting
    $_POST['post'] to 1, so the edit form is being displayed instead
    of actually saving the data).

2.  If you just want to save a page including page history, then
    duplicate the call that HandleEdit() typically makes to PostPage().
    This will not update RecentChanges, however.

3.  If you don't care about page history, then you can call WritePage()
    directly, with $page['text'] set to the saved text.