[pmwiki-users] edit text box

Patrick R. Michaud pmichaud at pobox.com
Thu Jul 21 10:48:10 CDT 2005

On Thu, Jul 21, 2005 at 10:48:32AM +0200, Sergio Andreozzi wrote:

> in editing mode, the textbox area is much below than the toolbar
>
> by removing clear='all' in scripts/stdmarkup.php
>
> ## [[<<]] (break)
> Markup('[[<<]]','inline','/\\[\\[&lt;&lt;\\]\\]/',<br clear='all' />);
>
> then the textbox is right below the toolbar.
>
> I don't know if this is the proper solution.

No, one of the big reasons for having the [[<<]] markup is to be
able to get to the clear='all' option and skip over floating
images.  So, removing clear='all' isn't a good solution here.

I've tried changing the [[<<]] that appears in Site.EditForm to
be a \\ instead, perhaps that will work better.

I originally chose [[<<]] because it allows the guibuttons
to sit directly on top of the textarea -- with \\ there's
a tiny amount of vertical whitespace between the two, probably
due to the space that is generated by \\.  Or perhaps I should
get rid of the \\'s space.