[pmwiki-users] Beta 50: SideBar breaks layout and shows error message

Hans design at flutesong.fsnet.co.uk
Thu Jul 21 04:27:13 CDT 2005

Thursday, July 21, 2005, 10:03:03 AM, Daniel wrote:
> I've just updated from Beta 48 to Beta 50 without any changes, however,
> the SideBar is now showing an error message:

> pat=/{\$(Version|Author|UrlPage|DefaultName|DefaultGroup|AuthId|SiteGroup)}/e

> This line enlarges the SideBar up to 50% of the whole page width which
> breaks the layout. In addition to that the promotional link...

> * spampal.de runs with
> * [[http://www.pmwiki.org/wiki/PmWikiDe/PmWikiDe | {$Version}]]''

> ...isn't shown anymore. Hu?

I don't know how to fix this, but it seems from the error message that
the substitutions like {$Version} {$DefaultGroup} etc are not working.
That's why the promotional link does not show either, since
{$Version} is empty. And the SideBar expands so wide is because the
error message appears on the SideBar and stretches it wide, being
basically one word which does not wrap.

This has nothing to do with the shift from Main to Site group I think.

I am sure Patrick will know what the error means and sort it, maybe
you need to go back to beta 48 meanwhile to restore the website.

Best,
~Hans