[pmwiki-users] Switching (:include:) context

John Rankin john.rankin at affinity.co.nz
Mon Jul 18 18:42:07 CDT 2005

On Tuesday, 19 July 2005 11:27 AM, V.Krishn <mistyfire at autograf.pl> wrote:
>The rename recipe is really handy, specially when you are at different comp
>and do not have ftp password. Otherwise I think it is a missing feature from
>core PmWiki.
>Rename recipe I guess is actually copying the old content to the destined new
>page and modifying the content to correct the referenced/relative
>variables/links, which makes the recipe complex making it suitable for a
>cookbook recipe.
>
>With my understanding I think the mechanism for processing (:include:) with
>reference to any $pagename already exists. One only needs to add a "fork"
>mechanism and after processing merge the two.

That's right -- the (:includeg Group.PageName:) just puts a step between
reading the page and processing it, to qualify unqualified links. It
relies on PmWiki to do the heavy lifting of processing include options.
Having done that, it's a simple matter to add an extra small step to
translate {$Group} before passing the result to PmWiki for processing
as normal.

The only reason it's part of the rename script is that it takes
advantage of rename's abilty to group-qualify unqualified links.

So as I understand it, you are quite correct that it's a simple
matter to add 'translate {$Group} references' to
(:include Group.PageName:) processing. One just needs to decide
what directive syntax to use.

--
JR