[pmwiki-users] user-customisation of edit form

Patrick R. Michaud pmichaud at pobox.com
Wed Jul 20 14:54:48 CDT 2005

On Wed, Jul 20, 2005 at 03:58:26PM +0100, Hans wrote:
> Wednesday, July 20, 2005, 3:09:12 PM, Patrick wrote:
> > I like it.  But how do we help someone recover if they set their
> > Site.EditForm preference to a page with a malformed edit form, or
> > to a page that doesn't have an edit form at all?
>
> Maybe the process of creating a personal Preference page and a
> personal (customised) EditForm page can be made more explicit, to
> discourage anyone from directly editing Site.EditForm and
> Site.Preferences (these pages could have a separate edit lock on them
> as well).

By default these pages are already locked against editing except
with the admin password, so I don't think we need much more
discouragement than that.  :-)  In general I expect that only
wikiadmins will be editing the pages in the Site group.

> The setting or unsetting of the setprefs cookie is not very obvious
> now.

Agreed -- I was working under heavy time pressures when I wrote
setprefs and its "documentation", so anything anyone cares to do to
improve it would be greatly appreciated.  :-)