[pmwiki-users] user-customisation of edit form

Patrick R. Michaud pmichaud at pobox.com
Wed Jul 20 14:48:54 CDT 2005

On Wed, Jul 20, 2005 at 10:28:11AM -0500, Benjamin Wilson wrote:
> Um, I would say we don't automatically detect because that might be
> difficult. But, we can talk the user through it (three ways) . . .
>
> 1. We detect when wiki.d/Site.EditForm is in use as opposed to
> wikilib.d/Site.EditForm. When the wiki.d version is in use, we include a
> link at the bottom that says, "ClobberedEditForm?" This would then
> explain the use of action=diff to restore. I don't like this one.

Note that restore requires a working edit form, so we'd have to
give the author a little more than that.  :-)

I'd prefer to not have a special link appear just because someone
has customized an EditForm -- customization should be considered and
treated as a normal thing to do in PmWiki.  But the idea of having
a link available may be a good interim measure...