[pmwiki-users] generated documentation available

Joachim Durchholz jo at durchholz.org
Sun Jul 10 10:37:19 CDT 2005

Crisses wrote:

> On Jul 9, 2005, at 5:24 PM, Joachim Durchholz wrote:
>
>> Bite it and document the thing. It's fully OK if the docs for a
>> function are longer than the function itself.
>
> Yeah -- that only means the function is exceptionally well written
> and/or versitile -- both of which commend the programmer ;)

Um... it can also mean that the function is an ugly hack and you need
tons of explanations to say when it should and when it shouldn't be used.

Which, on the other hand, is a Good Thing, too.
If things are too ugly to document, programmers tend to reconsider and
write cleaner code ;-)

> I think a link back to the wiki is important, though, because then
> people who never touch the code itself get to comment, expand on  usage,
> and contribute.  And check our spelling ;)

Good point.

Documented on http://www.pmwiki.org/wiki/Cookbook/ModuleGuidelines .

Added to my personal to-do list for my own modules.

Regards,
Jo