[pmwiki-users] How to keep spammers away from my wiki?

list at linuxing.de list at linuxing.de
Sat Jul 9 09:47:34 CDT 2005

Hello,

I've been hit by spammers for the second time within 12 hours. They
overwrote the existing pages with lots of xxx links. At the same time
my webhoster had to move my account to another server because of
excessive dictionary spam attacks against my domain linuxing.de which
is used for personal mail only.

I'm using the latest beta of PmWiki without passwords or user auth.
Only few pages and the upload feature are password protected. How can
I make the wiki save from spammers and at the same time avoid strict
auth mechanism?

I was thinking of using one pw for almost all pages and another one
for my more secure pages. Ca I easily set one for all pages and then
got to the special pages and change the pw while keeping the other pw
for the rest of the pages?

The website is www.spampal.de which is the German support page for the
quite known anti spam tool SpamPal. That's probably be the main reason
for the attacks.

Any help or ideas are highly appreciated. Thank you!

Regards
Daniel