[pmwiki-users] generated documentation available

Crisses crisses at kinhost.org
Sat Jul 9 07:41:32 CDT 2005

On Jul 9, 2005, at 4:33 AM, Joachim Durchholz wrote:

> Crisses wrote:
>
>> I downloaded the latest PmWiki and created auto-generated code
>> documentation with doxygen, then ported the documentation to my
>> website so people can see what the program does.
>>

> Looks nice... but is there a way to generate a function and
> variable list over all files in the installation? I see that's done
> for classes, but PmWiki doesn't use that many classes at all...
>
> Regards,
> Jo

I reoutputted the documentation after meticulously going over the
options and turning on just about every option I could find. In any
case yes -- there are function and variable lists -- check out the
link again (see http://www.kinhost.org/wikidocs/ ) -- if you look
under "File Members" it's got what you're looking for.  There is a
link to show All (which is indexed by alphabetical so the default is
$ and you'd have to click on A, B ...)  -- There are links for
"Variables" and "Functions" on that page which gives a full
alphabetical list of either one.

I'm not sure I like the frame sidebar that I generated the last
time :)  But it shows one of the many options that can be generated.

I purposely excluded local/* from the scan, so it does not look at
the acutal config.php file and other local customizations.  I don't
know if I would recommend including uploads/ -- it will still go over
the cookbook recipes.  It probably won't link everything properly
because there are no include()s for those files, but it will still
give documentation for them if they are configured properly.  There
are benefits and drawbacks to including uploads -- if it links
properly, PM would know when changing a function would affect
cookbook recipes, for example (functions list what functions call them).

Crisses
----
They say he little boy you can't go where the others go
'Cause you don't look like they do.
Said hey old man how can you stand to think that way;
Did you really think about it before you made the rules?
He said, Son that's just the way it is.
Some things will never change.
That's just the way it is  -- But don't you believe them.
   -- Bruce Hornsby and the Range, The Way It Is