[pmwiki-users] Re: Some documentation added for "markup variables" (Was: How to add a variable to {$var}-markup?)

chr at home.se chr at home.se
Mon Jul 4 02:16:02 CDT 2005

On Fri, 1 Jul 2005, Patrick R. Michaud wrote:

> On Tue, Jun 28, 2005 at 10:38:21AM +0200, chr at home.se wrote:
> > I've added an example of how you can define your own variable -
> > it'd be good if someone can comment on that bit. For instance, how do you
> > get the variable to be "dynamically expanded"? I assume this is involves
> > doing something like:
> >
> > 	$GLOBALS['var'] = '...<magic code invoking ...Fmt()...>';
>
> Depends on what you mean by "dynamically expanded"  -- do you mean
> dynamically expanded by markup or by FmtPageName?

I mean using FmtPageName(). So what I'd like is an example of how to
define the value of a "${variable}" using FmtPageName(). With "dynamically
expanded" I was really wondering if the contents of $GLOBALS['var'] are
"evaluated" sometime later on, e.g. when the substitution takes place.
However, thinking about it I supose that doesn't really happen?

/Christian