[pmwiki-users] Re: authuser and .htgroups

Joachim Durchholz jo at durchholz.org
Fri Jul 1 02:04:18 CDT 2005

Patrick R. Michaud wrote:

> On Wed, Jun 29, 2005 at 09:39:22PM -0700, H. Fox wrote:
>
>>What I'm really wondering is how groups would be specified. :-)
>
> I'm still working on this.  As you mentioned, part of the
> problem is that we have a terminology collision with the word
> "group".

"User group". Or, more precisely, "account groups" (but nobody says that).

Initially, it struck me as strange to see the word "group" and know it
refers to groups of pages. That is, of course, due to my Unixoid
background where the term "group" generally refers to user groups.

I'd like to propose to change the docs so that what's called "group" now
is then termed "page group". (Not every occurrence need be changed, just
the first mention on each page; later occurrences should be changed only
if they are ambiguous.)

Regards,
Jo