[pmwiki-users] Request for ideas -- edit page improvements

Bronwyn Boltwood arndis at gmail.com
Mon Jan 31 12:32:04 CST 2005

On Mon, 31 Jan 2005 12:20:57 -0600, Jonathan Scott Duff <duff at pobox.com> wrote:
> Here's an another idea for "better table support" (I'm still not sure
> what that really means): Have an icon that looks like a table. The user
> clicks on it and a form appears asking for the number of rows/columns.
> When they submit the form, the proper markup appears in the edit box and
> a little graphic table appears on the page with the same number of
> rows/columns as the user specified. When the user clicks on a cell in
> the little graphic, the cursor is moved to the appropriate place in the
> edit box.

Perhaps this is heretical, but I always thought PmWiki's simple tables
were dead easy. (But then, I think Word's tables are easy; I can make
them sit up and beg, while several others I know swear at them.) My
point of comparison is raw HTML, and its table syntax is just yucky.

I've never watched a newbie use simple tables.

Bronwyn