[pmwiki-users] Dare I edit the page? (Was: suggestion for continuously improving...

chr at home.se chr at home.se
Fri Jan 28 11:41:41 CST 2005

On Fri, 28 Jan 2005, Claude Montpetit wrote:

> after receiving an answer to my "switching language" questions. I took
> the liberty to update the documantation Localizations page with
> information I would have hoped to find there. I updated the doc directly
> and will let other experienced PmWiki writer make updates or corrections
> if necessary.

This reminds of something else which is slightly related. It would be nice
if pages had some indication as to if changes are appreciated or not.
Often I find that I hesitate to make changes to pmwiki.org/PmWiki because
I don't want to mess up things.  OTOH, I frequently create lots of scratch
pages in pmwiki.org/Test, or pages in "my" group, pmwiki.org/Christian

So what I'm wondering is if we can come up with some nice way to indicate
that people are welcome to edit the page, or perhaps on the contrary, that
you should now what you are doing?  What would the different "levels" be?

I think this is actually something very important for wiki pages since
I've noticed a big reluctance among users to actually go in and change
something.

This should perhaps also be though of in conjunction with the draft recipy
by John Rankin since that's also something that lowers the bar for daring
to start and edit a page.

/Christian