[pmwiki-users] search robot indexing

Neil Herber nospam at mail.eton.ca
Thu Jan 27 08:17:40 CST 2005

At 2005-01-27  07:54 AM -0600, Patrick R. Michaud is rumored to have said:
>Admins can explicitly control the value of the robots tag by setting
>$MetaRobots in a configuration file.  The robots tag can be disabled
>entirely by setting $MetaRobots to "".

This might be more flexible if made into a directive similar to (:title
text:), for example (:robots index nofollow:).

This would give the ability to control robot scanning down to the page
level. For group-level control, the directive could be put into a group header.

I thought such a facility existed. Was I dreaming???

Neil

Neil Herber
Corporate info at http://www.eton.ca/
Tel: (613) 829-4668