[pmwiki-users] Re: Example of problem with long code line

Neil Herber nospam at mail.eton.ca
Wed Jan 26 08:28:23 CST 2005

At 2005-01-26  02:49 PM +0100, chr at home.se is rumored to have said:
>Another possible solution could be to require preformatted text to be
>preceeded by for instance at least two whitespaces.

At the risk of sounding like a broken record (and that phrase shows my
age...), any markup that relies on "invisible" characters (like a leading
space) is going to be confusing for new authors. Some kind of visible start
and end tags would be much less prone to accidental use.

Neil

Neil Herber
Corporate info at http://www.eton.ca/
Tel: (613) 829-4668