[pmwiki-users] Recent Changes protection

Patrick R. Michaud pmichaud at pobox.com
Tue Jan 25 18:58:51 CST 2005

On Tue, Jan 25, 2005 at 11:14:19AM -0000, David Goadby wrote:

> My Wiki was hit by a strange attack yesterday; changes (lots of porno links etc) were applied to the RecentChanges page. I know that I can password protect Wiki pages but I assume that this page is slightly different else recursion would take place. If I password protect this page will I upset the operation of  the Wiki?

RecentChanges pages are wiki pages just like the others -- the only
thing that makes them "special" is that they get automatically updated
when someone changes another page on the wiki (despite any password
protections that may exist on the RecentChanges pages themselves).

So, you can password protect the RecentChanges without any problems to
prevent authors from editing them directly.