[Pmwiki-users] Creating Groups

Patrick R. Michaud pmichaud
Thu Jan 20 07:06:41 CST 2005

On Wed, Jan 19, 2005 at 07:29:13PM -0800, Menachem Shapiro wrote:
> B"H
> On Wed, 19 Jan 2005 08:45:22 +0000, Hans Bracker <design at flutesong.net> wrote:
> >
> > just to add: if you do this and pasted your content into new pages,
> > to delete the old pages have the single word "delete", (without "") in
> > the page and save. make sure there are no spaces before or after this
> > word.
>
> Is there any way to stop users from being able to delete the page (but
> still let admins delete a page if they need to)?

Well, an "admin" (in the sense given by PmWiki.Audiences) can always
delete a page by simply removing or renaming the corresponding page file
in wiki.d/ .  So the easy way to stop authors from deleting the page entirely
is to provide a $DeleteKeyPattern that can never be matched, such as:

    $DeleteKeyPattern = '/.^/';

Then only admins with access to the filesystem can delete pages.  However,
anyone with edit privileges can still erase a page's contents (although
such erasures will still be restorable via the page history).

To add a separate ?action=delete action, see my next message.