[Pmwiki-users] monster visible markup test page

Neil Herber nospam
Wed Jan 19 15:14:25 CST 2005

Has anyone built a "monster visible markup test page" that they would be
willing to share on PmWiki.org?

The page would contain an example of every type of PmWiki markup that
produces a visibly different effect. I would find such a beast very useful
for testing new skins. Ideally it could be posted as a cookbook page with a
link to a whole scad of gif or jpg images that shows how the page renders
(is expected to render??) in one or more browsers with one or more skins.

Some of the skins I have downloaded look absolutely great until I navigate
to a page that uses some obscure markup and "whammo" the page has an
assortment of odd colors and fonts and spacing I never expected to see.
Being able to peruse a jpeg advance of downloading would at least warn me
about how I should tweak the skin before using it.

Even without the jpegs, I could just download and install the skin and
check my local copy of the monster page to see if everything is hunky dory.

Is this worth pursuing?? Does it exist but has a name I don't know? Note
that I am only concerned about markup that affects the appearance of the
page. Links would need only one example, no matter what markups are used to
generate them, because (I think) they all look the same.

Neil

Neil Herber
Corporate info at http://www.eton.ca/
Tel: (613) 829-4668