[Pmwiki-users] open external link in new window

Neil Herber nospam
Sun Jan 16 18:39:10 CST 2005

At 2005-01-16  05:56 PM -0700, Patrick R. Michaud is rumored to have said:
>On Sun, Jan 16, 2005 at 06:22:16PM -0500, Neil Herber wrote:
> > Is there any way to add
> >
> >         target="_blank"
> >
> > to a link to an external resource?
> >
> > Or even better, is there a form of link markup that allows this
> > specification? Then it would work for local pages too.
>
>     %newwin%  http://www.pmichaud.com
>
>It also works for
>
>     %newwin%  Main.WikiSandbox
>

>It's documented in PmWiki.WikiStyles, but probably belongs in PmWiki.Links
>also.
>
>Pm

Patrick

Fantastic! Just what I wanted. I added it to the bottom of PmWiki.Links
with a reference to WikiStyles.

Note that the intro to WikiStyles says:
><http://www.pmwiki.org/wiki/PmWiki/WikiStyles>WikiStyles allow an author
>to modify the color and other attributes of text that follow.

but I think it is a bit of a stretch to include opening a new window as a
text attribute.  ;->

Perhaps it should be removed from WikiStyles, or the intro should be
written more broadly.

Neil

Neil Herber
Corporate info at http://www.eton.ca/