[Pmwiki-users] Disabling WikiWords for a page

Joachim Durchholz jo
Wed Jan 12 19:03:15 CST 2005

Patrick R. Michaud wrote:

> We could add a directive to de-wikify words within pages.

I'd agree with that.

> Or perhaps we just double the ` so that ``OpenOffice means "don't
> convert OpenOffice to a link anywhere after this".

Please don't - that's special syntax for a rarely needed case.

I'd put all those rare cases into directives. Plus give the user a list
of all directives, at most one link away. It would be even better if
that list were auto-generated (not sure whether that's feasible with the
current PmWiki structure, but it's certainly desirable).

Regards,
Jo