[Pmwiki-users] What is happening when several people try to edit the same page at the same time.

Patrick R. Michaud pmichaud
Wed Jan 12 09:05:51 CST 2005

On Wed, Jan 12, 2005 at 04:18:58PM +0100, wda wrote:
> Hello
> Some user of my wiki have experienced problem because they were two
> editing the same page and the last press save loose its modifications (I
> do not have the details of the error or exactly what happen). What
> should have happened?
> Is there a way to prevent a user from editing a page when this page is
> currently being edited?

What version of PmWiki are you running?  This is fixed in PmWiki 2.0 --
when several people attempt to edit a page at the same time, PmWiki
automatically merges their changes together (and notifies the last
editor(s) of any conflicts).