[Pmwiki-users] Re: Disabling WikiWords for a page

Neil Herber nospam
Wed Jan 12 07:43:00 CST 2005

At 2005-01-12  03:10 PM +0100, chr at home.se is rumored to have said:
>Having a directive for this sounds good though, maybe something like:
>
>=NotWikiWords OpenOffice StarOffice
>
>and maybe for completeness
>
>=WikiWords HulaHula
>
>for sites that have wikiwords deactivated by default?
>
>I guess it could even be generalized to:
>
>=WikiWords OpenOffice=0 StarOffice=0 PmWiki=1 HulaHula
>
>to always prevent OpenOffice and StarOffice from being wiki words, whereas
>PmWiki is linked once and HulaHula every time.

If a site has de-activated WikiWords by default, I can't see how having
some words act as WikiWords would cause anything but confusion.

For sites with WikiWords enabled, what about per-page markup of the form
(:StopWikiWord OpenOffice:)? Any OpenOffice appearing before the markup
would be a WikiWord, any OpenOffice after it would not.

Neil

Neil Herber
Corporate info at http://www.eton.ca/
Tel: (613) 829-4668