[Pmwiki-users] a plea to all custom skin makers

Patrick R. Michaud pmichaud
Tue Jan 11 18:49:05 CST 2005

On Tue, Jan 11, 2005 at 02:59:51PM -0500, Neil Herber wrote:

> 3) I am asking that "skinners" put a compatibility note on their page to
> avoid the inevitable, "This does not ..."  For an excellent example see:
> http://www.pmwiki.org/wiki/Cookbook/GeminiSkin

As a frequent skin author, I'll note that it's nearly impossible for
the skin author to test/know about compatibility on all of the commonly
used browsers.  For example, at present I have almost no way to test
Opera or Macintosh browsers, but must rely on others to tell me if
a particular feature works.

I guess my point is that anyone should feel free to post compatibility
notes into the skin pages, and not just the skins' authors.