[Pmwiki-users] PmWiki 2.0.beta16 released w/missing guiedit.js file

Robin robin
Tue Jan 11 08:08:50 CST 2005

On Wednesday 12 January 2005 02:47, Patrick R. Michaud wrote:
> As several people quickly discovered, the pmwiki-2.0.beta15
> distribution was missing the guiedit.js file needed to make the
> button bar work.  My apologies; the 2.0.beta16 corrects this problem.
And to think, I _just_ upgraded to b15 :) (from 1.0.something). I have to
commend you on the smoothness of the upgrade. It took an hour for the system
to reproduce the functionality of the old one (and that was with me
downloading the 2.0 versions of the cookbook things I use). It's taken me a
couple more hours, but all that is local content and skin stuff. I also note
that the little hacks I had in place to overcome my setup quirks are no
longer needed, which is nice. It tidies up my config.php a lot :)

One really tiny thing is that the old version used to detect the availability
of PathInfo automagically. The new one had to be forced with
$EnablePathInfo=1.

> Also, for those sites and skins that customize $PageEditFmt -- note
> that in order for the button bar to work the edit form has to contain
> $EditMessageFmt, and the <textarea> has to have "id='edit'" so the
> buttons know where to do their work.
Will this work off-the-bat with the skins on the PmWiki site?

--
Robin <robin at kallisti.net.nz>             JabberID: <eythian at jabber.org>

Hostes alienigeni me abduxerunt. Qui annus est?

PGP Key 0xA99CEB6D = 5957 6D23 8B16 EFAB FEF8  7175 14D3 6485 A99C EB6D