[Pmwiki-users] Page caching

Joachim Durchholz jo
Wed Jan 5 12:52:27 CST 2005

Pawe? R??a?ski wrote:
> Simpy, it shows page from cache if there is one. If there is no
> cached page it runs normal HandleBrowse construct, but PrintFmt uses
> a file_put_contents to make a cached copy.
>
> Post page :) deletes cached version, so it will be regenerated ......

(assuming you mean "post page _edit_")

> I know it's a HACK, but it works fast in browse mode.. so i'll use it
> :>
>
> Heh, i'll look into
> http://www.pmwiki.org/wiki/Cookbook-V1/FourOhFourCache :):) . But i
> just wanted to check how hard is it :P

I think your approach is far superior to 404 caching. 404 caching
requires complex (hence error-prone) reconfiguration of the WWW server,
it's not universal (one kind of URL doesn't work anymore), and WWW
server reconfiguration is something that can't be automated during
installation.

Your approach is free of all these problems.
If it's just six lines, that's even better ;-))

Regards,
Jo