[Pmwiki-users] Upload not working

Patrick R. Michaud pmichaud
Wed Jan 5 08:44:23 CST 2005

On Wed, Jan 05, 2005 at 01:02:14AM -0800, John Oakley wrote:

>    I  get  an intial prompt for a password after which the Upload page is
>    displayed,  as  expected.  After  filling  in the "File to upload" and
>    "Name  attachment as" fields with valid entries, when I press Upload I
>    am  returned to the password prompt, after completing I am returned to
>    my  originating  page and subsequent investigations show that the file
>    was not uploaded.

You shouldn't be prompted for that second password, so I suspect the
problem is there.  Once a password is entered you shouldn't have to
re-enter it until you close the browser.  So, it looks like sessions
aren't working on your Debian host.   What's the value of session_save_path
(in ?action=phpinfo)?  Is that directory writable?

>    $UploadUrlFmt = "http://itwiki.dev.applera.net/uploads";

I'm guessing that this is a purely internal development site of
some sort, as the above URL gives me a DNS error.  Just checking.  :-)