[pmwiki-users] Oops! Upload Wipes User Edits!

Neil Herber nospam at mail.eton.ca
Mon Feb 28 13:37:37 CST 2005

At 2005-02-28  05:54 PM +0000, Hans is rumored to have said:
>I am sorry this happened. I will make changes for the next upgrade to
>the Gemini skin so that no menu buttons will appear underneath the edit
>window. In edit mode they are not necessary anyway, and as you pointed
>out, may be misleading. Meanwhile you can remove the "upload" link
>from the page Main.PageFooter, or rename it to "Attach" or something
>similar. The gemini skin allows you to customize the top and bottom
>menu as you wish through editing the respective menu pages.

As a very happy user of the Gemini skin, I was both surprised and dismayed
by this event. It does not appear to be a problem on my sites because (as
Hans points out) the top and bottom menus can be completely customized, and
I have set mine to read "Upload a File" rather than just the plain
"upload". This appears to have been enough to have kept my users from
confusing the action with "save".

However, I will welcome a version that suppresses the bottom menu entirely
on the edit window.

Neil

Neil Herber
Corporate info at http://www.eton.ca/