[pmwiki-users] New wiki site&password question

Patrick R. Michaud pmichaud at pobox.com
Sat Feb 26 09:56:14 CST 2005

On Sat, Feb 26, 2005 at 10:33:51AM +0100, Robert Bielik wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I'm using PmWiki as the wiki engine for the svagg project
> (http://svagg.sourceforge.net) and I noticed that
> when setting up password for editing (site-wide), the password has to be
> given twice, once at start of
> editing and secondly when submitting the edit.

This isn't PmWiki's normal behavior -- normally you only need to
enter the password once.  I suspect that your PHP installation isn't
saving sessions properly (this is where any entered passwords are
kept).  Can you set $EnableDiag=1; in your config.php so we can
check this?

> Secondly, I tried to reset the edit password on the sandbox page (with
> 'clear') and it still asks for password ?

Clearing a password simply removes any page-specific password from the
page; if there's a group or site-wide password in effect then it's
still used.  I suspect what you want to do is allow people to edit
the sandbox without a password even though there's a site-wide
password there.  For this, set a password of "nopass" on the sandbox
page.

(And if anyone can think of a better way to describe what "clear"
does, I'd be very grateful. :-)