[pmwiki-users] Excel and CSV copy/paste into pmwiki?

Fred Chittenden drfredc at earthlink.net
Fri Feb 25 10:26:51 CST 2005

 > But apparently the copy+paste doesn't do too well on pasting
 > blank rows of the spreadsheet -- it copies such rows as a blank
 > line rather than a sequence of blank cells.  PmWiki then interprets
 > the paste as being two separate tables.  I'll have to work on that
 > one a bit...
 >
 > Pm

  The problem of nil spreadsheet cells not being handled properly in copy
and paste operations pops up in many other situations.

  The generic workaround is to require (via documentation) that every cell
in a spreadsheet one wants to display must at least a space rather than
'nil' character in order to be properly handled in copy and paste
procedures.

Always, Fred C