[pmwiki-users] Proposed change to password memorization

Patrick R. Michaud pmichaud at pobox.com
Thu Feb 24 15:41:18 CST 2005

On Thu, Feb 24, 2005 at 08:23:52PM +0100, Sven Opitz wrote:
> "Patrick R. Michaud" <pmichaud at pobox.com> wrote:
> > My proposal is to have the session's passwords automatically
> > forgotten whenever the "change attributes" form is used.
>
>   I think, that would be too much. [...]
>   But I _see_ now, if I am logged in.

Unless one is using user-based authorization, there's no concept
of "being logged in" -- there's only the set of passwords that
have been entered thus far.  I suppose one could say that if
any password has been entered then the author has "logged in",
but it still doesn't help them to understand why they aren't
being prompted for a password when they set one on a page.