[pmwiki-users] Proposed change to password memorization

Patrick R. Michaud pmichaud at pobox.com
Thu Feb 24 15:36:54 CST 2005

On Thu, Feb 24, 2005 at 01:03:54PM -0500, Russ Fink wrote:

> What I would like is the ability to get an index of all my site's pages and
> see at-a-glance which ones were protected by passwords and which ones
> weren't.

This is http://www.pmwiki.org/wiki/PITS/00114 -- feel free to vote
and add comments there.  :-)

> One option is to change the wiki link color for password-protected pages to
> distinguish them from unprotected pages.  Currently, I use
> %red%MyPrivateStuff%% to indicate that a page is password protected, but
> then I have to make edits of that nature any time I add a password to a
> previously-unprotected page.
>
> Doing wiki link recoloring automatically would be cool.

Interesting idea.  I'm not sure what it would take to do this, probably
just an override of the LinkPage function, although it might be doable
with some specialized CSS settings.

> (blue for normal, red for read-password protected orange for edit-password
> protected, something else for attr password).

Actually, in the very near future it's likely that any page that has a
read, edit, or upload password set will automatically gain an equivalent
attr password.