[pmwiki-users] yet another file upload request ...

Neil Herber nospam at mail.eton.ca
Thu Feb 24 11:29:54 CST 2005

One of my PmWIki installations is being used to support a training group.
They have several projects on the go at any time and I have created a
separate group for each project. They also like to upload and download
massive Powerpoint, Word, and PDF files. They are also talking about MPEG
movie files ...

The uploading and downloading works well, but having just a single folder
per project is a limitation. The authors like to keep older versions of
files hanging around, but usually in a folder called "OlderVersions" so
that they don't obscure the current files. They also want to be able to
group files in folders (not zipped) such as "DayOneSlides" and "DayTwoSlides".

Is there any way within PmWiki to have this kind of folder organization? I
recognize that moving files from one folder to another might be too much to
ask for, and I am willing to do that using other methods. However, it would
be great if the (:attachlist:) markup  .....   (author pauses here to try
something)  .... I just created a folder inside the uploads/group/ folder,
and the (:attachlist:) markup displays the folder name (0 bytes) with a
proper link, which Apache refuses to serve me, probably because directory
indexing is not enabled. .....   (author pauses again to try something)  ....

I enabled directory indexing on wiki/uploads/ and it works beautifully.
When you click on the folder link in PmWiki, Apache provides a directory of
the uploads/group/ folder. Clicking on the "parent directory" links takes
you back up the tree until you hit  the wiki/ folder, at which point Apache
serves up Main/HomePage, which is the default for that directory. This is
excellent! Please excuse the rambling. I hope someone else can make use of
this.

Neil

Neil Herber
Corporate info at http://www.eton.ca/