[pmwiki-users] password protection

Russ Fink russfink at hotmail.com
Fri Feb 18 07:28:23 CST 2005

> > having read through the documentation i am still struggling to figure
>out
> > how to password protect my wiki.
>
>Yes.  If you want to protect all pages with a common password, simply
>add the following to your local/config.php:
>
>     $DefaultPasswords['edit'] = crypt('secret');
>     $DefaultPasswords['attr'] = crypt('secret');
>
>Change 'secret' to be whatever you want the shared password to be.

You can also choose any page of your wiki, and append "action=crypt" to the
end of it.  This will bring up a text field that lets you enter a password
and then displays the encrypted form of it.  Use the encrypted form in the
DefaultPasswords area (minus the "crypt" call, I believe).  This avoids
storing hard-coded plaintext passwords in your PHP files.