[pmwiki-users] Periodically clear WikiSandbox?

Patrick R. Michaud pmichaud at pobox.com
Wed Feb 16 13:59:14 CST 2005

On Wed, Feb 16, 2005 at 08:20:10PM +0100, Nils Knappmeier wrote:
> How about saving the contents of the Sandbox in a Cookie?

I suspect you mean a "session", as there's a limit to the amount
of information that can be stored in a cookie.

> That way everybody gets his own sandbox and noone can create
> any spam links.  Even better. When somebody messes around
> with the Sandbox, he won't notice that it has no impact on
> google. And nobody else will notice that he is messing around with it.

It just strikes me as going against the collaborative nature of
what PmWiki is trying to promote.  Plus, it opens things up to all
sorts of confusion when someone says "XXX isn't working for me -- see
my example in the sandbox" and nobody else can see it (and it's not
immediately obvious *why* they can't see it).

Plus, it's often illustrative to wiki newcomers to see that the sandbox
has in fact been edited by others before them and that this stuff really
does work.