[pmwiki-users] Noobie Qs

Doug dougp at ispinn.com
Tue Feb 15 12:20:28 CST 2005

Hi everyone.

I've read the FAQ. I've read the Cookbook. I've scouted the web for .php tutorials and reviewed some of them. I'm a programmer at work--although not exclusively, and I'm more of a scripter than a programmer.

The learning curve for PmWiki and .php seems s-t-e-e-p, and I'm both intimidated by the power of what's possible, and yet reluctant to ask noobie questions when others on the list seem so far ahead in their knowledge and level of support.

Maybe I can turn this into a win-win situation. Is it okay to ask questions (on this list)--simple startup questions? Perhaps I can return the favor by contributing to a new or existing PmWiki-based STARTUP page to which all noobies can refer?

I guess I need some hand-holding until I get the hang of things. There seems to be a *LOT* to learn.

Doug Parker
Orlando, FL