[pmwiki-users] using PITS as a project manager

luca marletta lucamarle at gmail.com
Wed Feb 9 00:59:26 CST 2005

Great work indeed.
When you start talking about it I guess it could help my need with
some customization but it is common interest to have a time tracking
for activity I'll put here some very simple need for it, taking into
account the pmwiki aim to be simple.

- in the form must be added the person to assign the bug. I'd putt a
short list of candidates into configuration files and choose among
them in the form.

- every bug must have a field for hours spend on it on daily basis

- it needs a form to fulfill like this

                       <<week trail here to browse week by week>>
week 3 (from XX to XXX)
                   Monday Thursday Wednesday ..... Sunday   total
person1
  bug 1          2                 4               4
     5
  bug 2          3                 1
person2
total

where just hour are the variable to write into the form because person
are already assigned to the bug in your previous form (must be added
the assign field)
everyone would be responsible to change just  his assigned bugs
without pmwiki must checking authorization

this form when close could be also a report

I guess it's not easy to do all and also time consuming, it would be
great if you finished your work taking into account this and maybe
making some small arrangement taking into account that my next step
would be add the feature above for using as timesheet.

There is none of them in opensource project, all of them are complex
stuff not useful and more on scheduling but this easy need for project
accountancy is not fulfill by any

Thanks a lot for your work till this moment

luca

--
luca marletta  icq: 70590647